One of the top secrets to having great-looking hair isn’t a new shampoo or fancy styling tool – it is eating the right foods. Read on to discover which are the top foods to eat to enhance your hair health.
Which Nutrients Does Hair Need?
Our bodies require a wide range of nutrients to grow hair and prevent premature hair fall. These include protein, the antioxidant vitamins A, C and E, biotin, selenium, calcium, magnesium and zinc. Eating the following foods will help to make sure you get enough of these nutrients:
Bell peppers are delicious whether eaten raw in a salad or cooked. They are a top source of vitamin C, and also provide a good dose of selenium, zinc and vitamin A.
- Tinned or fresh legumes such as beans and chickpeas are a great source of protein, especially for vegans and vegetarians who may struggle to get enough of this key nutrient. They also contain lots of fibre, as well as folate and iron.
- Greek yogurt is as versatile as it is healthy. Abundant in protein and calcium, the unsweetened versions are perfect if you are trying to avoid sugar.
- For those who include meat in their diet, grass-fed beef is a nutrition powerhouse. Lean cuts are packed with iron and omega 3 fatty acids. Serve alongside a colourful salad of vitamin C-rich ingredients to optimise iron absorption in the body.
- Salmon, mackerel, tuna, herring and sardines are oily fish, known to be excellent sources of essential fatty acids and protein. Steaming, baking and poaching are good ways to cook these fish without losing valuable nutrients.
- Whether scrambled, poached or boiled, eggs are quick to cook and deliver a multitude of nutrients. Eat them regularly to supply your body with protein, biotin and vitamin D.
Vitruvian Line – A Helping Hand for Healthy Hair
A varied, nutrient-rich diet is always something worth aiming for, but it isn’t always easy to get it right. To help make sure that your hair doesn’t miss out on any key vitamins and minerals, try Vinci Hair Clinic’s Vitruvian Line. With just one capsule a day, you can be sure that your body has a ready supply of everything it needs for hair growth.